Grass fed ground beef is always our most consistently-ordered product, and for good reason. Versatile, tasty, and reliable, this is the go-to meat choice in our house, and for many of our customers it is a kitchen staple.
Our ground beef is made from one steer at a time, so the composition changes a bit with the muscling and fat from each animal, but we typically target a lean to fat ratio between 80/20 and 85/15. This turns out to be a good all-purpose ground beef mixture.
Need some recipe inspiration? Here’s a recipe we developed for our grass fed ground beef:
Grass Fed Beef and Bean Chili Mole
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 poblano chili, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb grass fed and finished ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 2 T ground dried red chili powder Try to find dried ancho chili powder, the fresher the better.
- 1 T freshly ground cumin seed
- 1 tsp ground coriander seed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 T unsweetened cocoa powder I use Guittard's Cocoa Rouge Powder
- 2 T tomato paste
- 2/3 cup finely ground raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds You can substitute raw unsalted almond butter
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups crushed canned tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth or vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups cooked white beans
- 1 cup cooked red kidney beans
Our cattle are always grass fed and grass finished, and rotationally grazed on the pastures at Wrong Direction Farm. Our cattle never eat grain or grain byproducts and they are free of antibiotics and hormones. Just cows eating the plants that grow in our pastures; it’s really that simple!
We offer delivery of our family farmed meats throughout the Northeast, shipped to your door in recyclable insulated containers. Our delivery area includes New York City, Long Island, New York state, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.