Boneless chicken breasts are consistently our best-selling chicken item. Chicken breasts are an ever-versatile and adaptable food choice suitable for every style of cooking.
Need some recipe inspiration? Here’s a recipe we developed especially for our chicken breasts:
Miso Butter Chicken Bowl with Red Lentils, Sweet Potatoes and Pickled Onions
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in 1" chunks
- ½ cup white miso
- 3 Tbsp softened butter
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 large (or 2 small) sweet potatoes, rinsed and scrubbed but not peeled
- 1 tsp olive oil, for brushing
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp ginger, grated
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- 1 tsp cumin seed, ground
- 1 tsp coriander seed, ground
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp rosemary, minced
- 4-6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 cups water
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
Pickled Red Onion
- ½ red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp thyme, minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest, grated
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp turbinado sugar (optional)
Miso Butter Chicken Instructions
- Combine all ingredients and evenly coat the chicken chunks. Let the chicken marinate in refrigerator for up to 4 hours.
- Place the chicken on a wire rack over a baking sheet to allow air movement around it. Roast at 350 or 375 for 30 minutes or until chicken is 160 degrees internal temperature.
Sweet Potatoes Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lightly brush the sweet potato with olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Roast until quite tender- about 40minutes.
- Cut the sweet potato into quarters or eighths.
Red Lentils Instructions
- Rinse the red lentils in a sieve.
- Sauté the garlic, ginger, onion and spices in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rosemary, tomatoes, red lentils, and water. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Simmer the lentils until very tender- about 20 minutes. Taste and season more if desired.
Pickled Red Onion Instructions
- In a non-reactive bowl, combine all the ingredients and allow to age at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.
- Leftovers will last nicely in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
We feed our poultry Certified Organic grains. And of course our birds never receive antibiotics and are never exposed to pesticides, herbicides, or GMO crops. Our chickens are raised by our family with care on green grass pastures, where they can forage in the fields and nap in the shade.
We offer delivery of our family farmed meats throughout the Northeast, shipped to your door in recyclable insulated containers. Our delivery area includes New York City, Long Island, New York state, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.