Each package contains four wings from our pasture raised turkeys.
These are all wing “flats”, the middle section of the wing ideal for wing recipes.
We enjoy frying turkey wings until the skin is browned and crunchy. Here’s our family’s recipe for fried turkey wings. Enjoy!
Fried Turkey Wings
- 8 turkey wings
- 1 quart lard or tallow for frying
- 1 quart chicken stock, no salt
- 1½ quarts dill pickle brine (use real fermented pickle brine if you have it)
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- Place wings in a container with the marinade ingredients (chicken stock, dill pickle brine, and vinegar). Refrigerate and keep overnight.
- Transfer wings and the marinade into a large stock pot. If the marinade doesn't cover the wings, add water until the wings are slightly submerged.
- Bring wings to a boil and allow to boil for 3 minutes. Pour out liquid contents and set wings aside.
- Fill your deep fryer with lard or tallow and heat to 300 to 350 degrees.
- Fry wings in batches until the skin reaches a deep brown color. Remove from fryer and set wings on a rack allow any residual oil to drain off. After sitting for a few minutes, the skin should have a dry crust. If the wings haven't reached the right level of crunchiness, place them back in the hot oil for an extra minute or two.
- Serve wings with your favorite hot sauce and a creamy dressing like blue cheese or ranch.
We feed our poultry Certified Organic grains. And of course our birds never receive antibiotics and are never exposed to pesticides, herbicides, or GMO crops. Our turkeys are raised by our family with care on green grass pastures, where they can forage in the fields and nap in the shade.
We offer delivery of our family farmed meats throughout the Northeast, shipped to your door in recyclable insulated containers. Our delivery area includes New York City, Long Island, New York state, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.