Chef Katy Sparks crafted a cozy meal of chicken thighs using garden herbs, leeks, and a bottle of dry cider. This takes simple, local ingredients and arranges them into a fine meal. I love that this recipe is so approachable and simple. No hard-to-find ingredients or complicated techniques are required.
Hard Cider and Leek Braised Chicken Thighs
- 4-6 large, bone-in pastured chicken thighs
- 2 T olive oil, butter or bacon fat from pastured pork
- 1 cup thinly sliced leeks
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 oz hard cider I used JMash Farmhouse Hazy from Hilltop Orchards in Canaan, NY.
- 1 tsp freshly ground coriander seed
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp minced rosemary
- 1 tsp minced thyme
Originally published at Rural Intelligence.
Photo Credit: Katy Sparks